Day Tour- Round Trip
- Catch the train to Masterton at Wellington Railway Station. Train leaves at 8.21 a.m. week days, or 9.55 a.m. weekends)
- We meet you at Masterton Railway station at 10a.m. (or 11.30a.m. weekends)
- We go to the Masterton iSite and stop for around 15 minutes so that you can get a coffee or other refreshments
- We head off to Castlepoint – arriving around 11.15 a.m (12.45 p.m weekends)
- You explore Castlepoint- we will give you a map and will provide plenty of information about what to do and see
- We assemble around 2.30p.m (3.30pm weekends) for the return journey to Masterton
- We either drop you off at the Masterton iSite or take you to the Masterton train station- your train leaves at 3.40 p.m (4.50 p.m weekends)
- You get back to Wellington at 5.17 p.m (6.25 p.m weekends) in time for your evenings entertainment!
$95 per adult.
$50 per child (aged 14 years and under)
Price does not included food or train fares. You purchase train tickets.
Talk to us about group discounts.
We can arrange stay over accomodation options (travel over 1 day and return the next, for example).
Just let us know what you want and we will do our best to accomodate you!
We recommend the Wellington to Masterton train – the train is a fantastic way to see the beautiful Wairarapa scenery, and is a very comfortable way to travel. The Wellington to Wairarapa train service can be located here:
Wellington to Masterton train departs Wellington at 8.21am weekdays (9.55am weekends)
Masterton to Wellington train departs Masterton at 3.40pm weekdays (4.50pm weekends)
The journey takes 1 hour and 40 minutes. Wellington Rail Way Station is very centrally located in the heart of Wellington- located on Bunny Street. Call us on 027 746 7499 if you need any assistance with the train booking.
We also offer One way trips- $50 per adult, $25 per child.
This is a convenient and cost effective way to start your Castlepoint holiday! Save yourself time and hassles when dropping off or picking up the relatives!
Use the Book Now facility to book your one way fare, or give us a call on 027 746 7499 to organise.